Date: 1/22/20 11:44 am
From: Dick and Pat Williams <dickpatwilliams...>
Subject: WRS - Southeastern Dauphin Co.
This is the 19th year we've done this route through southeastern Dauphin
Co. South and east of the Swatara Creek to the Lancaster and Lebanon
county lines.

County - Dauphin

Date - 1-22-2020

Observers- Richard and Patricia Williams

Total time actually surveying Hours:Minutes- 3 hours, 11 minutes

Start time/End time 10:15 - 13:26

Miles on route - 50

TVs - 14 (below average)

BV's - 6 (numbers fluctuate, in 2016 we had 54, in 2015 we had 0)

Harriers- 0

Red-tails- Ad./Imm./ND 23 Ad. / 0 Imm. / 2 ND - total 25 (Our highest
total since 2012 when we had 29)

Rough-legs- Light/Dark - 0

Kestrels- M/F/ND- 3 M / 1 F - total 4 (about average for the last 10 years)

Sharp-shins- 0

Cooper's - 0

Red-shoulders- Ad/Imm/ND - 0

Bald Eagles- Ad - 2 The one was arranging sticks in a nest ... possibly a
new site for Dauphin Co. The other adult was in a different location.

Other raptors (include age for GE, goshawks) - none

Avg Temp.- 34 F (31 F at start, 38 F at finish)

Sky- Clear/Pt cloudy/Cloudy- sunny, cloudless sky.

Wind - Light/medium/strong- very light to calm
Avg Snow cover depth - 1"- of snow/ice cover. Ponds frozen. Swatara
Creek and Susquehanna River with patchy ice flows.

Other birds of note: 1 Wilson's Snipe and 2 Killdeer

Join us on Facebook!