Date: 1/22/20 11:04 am
From: Nelson Samuels <samnelo...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Hollister Rough-legged Hawk
I should also mention that Hwy 156 is a dangerous place to bird. I first tried San Felipe which has places where it is possible to park relatively safely. I spotted this Hawk from about 1/4 mile in the direction of Gilroy. It was right on the fence on the Hollister side of 156 on the San Juan side of the intersection. By jumping the curb it is possible to get fairly well off 156. It also is a good idea to go around midday when traffic is lightest. Good birding, be safe. Also look at the map on my ebird submission. All the other birds were observed from San Felipe Rd. Nelson