Date: 1/22/20 10:26 am
From: <bertf...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Mountain Plover in Burleson County, Say's Phoebe in Brazos County
Brush, et al.,

At the TOS meeting I said the Mountain Plover was a new county record for Burleson. After I got home I checked my database. I was wrong, it is the second record. The first record for Burleson was 27 Dec 2011, photographed and deposited as TPRF#3061. There are two other records for the Central Brazos Valley, one of which I mentioned at the meeting. That was in Lee County 14 Dec 2000. There is also one record for Washington County, 31 Mar 2001.

Justin is correct on which counties are included in the Central Brazos Valley. We sometimes include Waller County, or at least the northwestern portion of the county. There are four Waller records, but I think they were more in the coastal prairies portion of the county.

Bert Frenz

Oaks & Prairies of Texas

eBird reviewer, Central Prairie of Texas

eBird reviewer, Belize

NAB subregional editor, Central Oaks & Prairies of Texas

<mailto:<Bert2...> <Bert2...>

<http://www.bafrenz.com/> www.bafrenz.com

From: Keith Arnold <kbarnold2...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 17:07:26 -0600
Subject: [texbirds] say's Phoebe

Great excitement with the discovery of a Say's Phoebe on the Moore f arm last Friday on a TOS field trip. We thought it to be the first documented record for the county. Today, will perusing my downloads, I found a single image of a Say's Phoebe taken at Allen Farm in 29 December 2011 by Brian Tarbox.
Keith Arnold

End of texbirds Digest V9 #18

--

Brush Freeman