Date: 1/22/20 10:13 am
From: Jon Sleger <jonsleger...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] CNM: Sandia Crest House / Rosy Finches - No Sightings, Just RFI
I was there on January 12, 2020. The visitor center / restaurant was closed
despite a sign saying "open everyday year round." The only feeder I saw was
not filled; however, there was a small flock (30-40?) of rosy finches
flying about in search of food. I was lucky that they landed in a low
bare-branched tree near the empty feeder (visible from the lower parking
lot). For sure, Black Rosy Finches, and Gray-crowned Rosy Finches were
visible. I am not certain that Brown-caps were there, although I believe I
saw some. My photos seemed inconclusive. I would call them before you go to
find out if they are open and the feeders are filled.
Good luck,
Jon