Date: 1/22/20 9:47 am
From: <philliplc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: ebird "wrong species" reports
As far as I can tell at this resolution it looks fine for anIceland,
and has a bill size and soft Iceland-like facialexpression outside the
normal range of even the smallestGlaucous or Glaucous-winged.
Structurally it seems moretypical of Thayer's-end Iceland and is also
already quitebleached, probably a returnee from somewhere far south.So
while it could be a large Kumlien's in my view it wouldbe tough to
confidently call it that. I think Iceland like thisat this time of
year could potentially be something moreintermediate, possibly leaning
Thayer's.
Assuming it's not the result of staining, the bill pattern withpartial
paling of the base is fine for either form of Icelandat this date.
Phil