Date: 1/22/20 8:44 am
From: Richard Bailey <wvbirds...>
Subject: Final photo request for 2nd WV Breeding Bird Atlas book
Greetings!

We are in the final months of preparing the 2nd WV Breeding Bird Atlas
manuscript for publication by Penn State Press. As a part of this process,
we have been amassing photographs of both species and their habitats,
preferably taken within the state and identified by their county location.
As many of you know, photographers will be credited both in opening
acknowledgments and with their names accompanying the photographs.

First, we'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all who have already
submitted excellent photographs for this endeavor. Because of your
generosity, we now have more than 80% of the species photographs for the
book. We have been amazed by the quality of photographs submitted, which
will stand as a testament to the talents of photographers who love our
state's birds.

We're hoping, with your help, that we can increase the number of WV
photographs for our atlas. In some cases, you may have already submitted a
photograph of a particular species on the list below. Please understand that
we have been spoiled by the superb quality of the submissions already
received, and can't help striving to represent our state with the best
possible photos.

Photographs should include the species or habitat, and should depict a
spring/summer setting or at least could be interpreted as being taken during
those seasons. To meet publisher specifications, please send us the largest
file you have of a particular photo, which ideally has not been enhanced by
software such as Photoshop or Lightroom, and includes no watermarks. Files
that are smaller than 2 Mb will likely not be large enough. To submit
photos, email them to <Richard.S.Bailey...>
<mailto:<Richard.S.Bailey...> . Email photos individually with their
county locations noted in the text of the email.

Birds:

Pied-billed Grebe

Chuck-will's-widow

Eastern Whip-poor-will

Chimney Swift

Killdeer

Upland Sandpiper

Sharp-shinned Hawk

Northern Goshawk

Long-eared Owl

Northern Saw-whet Owl

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher

Acadian Fycatcher

Alder Flycatcher

Least Flycatcher

American Crow

Fish Crow

Bank Swallow

Swainson's Thrush

Wood Thrush

Brown Thrasher

House Sparrow

Clay-colored Sparrow

Dark-eyed Junco

Vesper Sparrow

Ovenbird

Worm-eating Warbler

Vermivora Hybrids

Nashville Warbler

Summer Tanager

Dickcissel

Landscape photos for the following:

Allegheny Mountains ecoregion: the "high country" from Mercer north to
Preston counties

Allegheny Plateau: western counties, the "hill country"

Cumberland Mountains: southern WV, the coalfields, northeast to Webster
County

Ridge and Valley: all areas east of the Allegheny Front

Habitat photos of the following:

Dry-Mesic Oak forest

Dry Oak-Pine forest

Mixed Mesophytic forest

Northern Hardwood forest

Eastern Hemlock forest

Red Spruce forest

Pasture and cropland

Reclaimed Minelands

High Allegeny Wetlands (e.g. Cranberry Glades, CVNWR, etc)

Ponds/Ephemeral Wetlands

River Floodplains/Riparian

Open Water

Developed/urban

Mature/Late Successional forests

Early-Successional forests

High-Elevation forests

Invasive plant infestations

White-tailed Deer (ideally a bunch in a field)

Thank you!

Richard Bailey and Casey Rucker

Join us on Facebook!