Date: 1/22/20 8:35 am
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Columbia Estuary Gull Report - 1/21/2020
OBOLoids, the last sentence is worth noting, as high counts for some species can be pre-eBird or simply not entered in eBird. For example, gull counts in Marion County were huge in the 1970s-80s before the landfill near the river closed. Shorebird counts at Newport were more varied and no doubt sometimes higher before the boat basins were built around 1980.

Alan Contreras, old birder
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Jan 22, 2020, at 7:00 AM, Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...> wrote:
>
> Hi David:
>
> If you choose the "Explore Region" option in ebird, you can type in a County or a State. That will bring up a page showing recent species seen in that region. There are several tabs in two sets at the top you can then choose, including a useful bar chart and also high counts for each species. My favorite is the illustrated checklist. The high counts of course only include those entered into the database, so may not be the actual high count for the region.
>
> Philip

Join us on Facebook!