Date: 1/22/20 8:22 am
From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter...>
Subject: [Umpqua Birds] Oregon Breeding Bird Atlas now online
Note from Paul Adamus:

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 05:38:36 -0800 (PST)
From: <adamus7...>
Subject: [obol] NEW: Oregon Breeding Bird Atlas now online

The first and largest comprehensive baseline survey of Oregon's birds --
the Oregon Breeding Bird Atlas (BBA) -- can now be viewed for FREE on the
Oregon Birding Association's web site. The web version is just as
interactive as the CD in which it was originally published, and contains a
map for every breeding species, information on habitat use, the complete
database, statistical analysis, and much more. The BBA consisted of field
surveys by over 800 volunteers during the period from 1995 through 1999.
If you were birding in Oregon then and were a volunteer, your name is in
it. Kit Larsen volunteered hundreds of hours to create the original CD,
but now that few new computers have CD drives, we recently decided the BBA
should be moved online where it is more discoverable and accessible to a
wider audience. Michael Medina graciously volunteered his programming
expertise to move the entire contents of the CD onto the OBA website, with
support from Diana Byrne. Species names have been
updated. We would appreciate this post being mentioned in local Audubon
group newsletters and on birding listservs. Here is the link:
https://oregonbirding.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/bbs/
Paul Adamus (principal coordinator of the 1995-1999 Oregon BBA) and
Kit Larsen

Join us on Facebook!