Date: 1/22/20 8:17 am
From: Shawn Miller <608shawnmiller...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CNM: Sandia Crest House / Rosy Finches - No Sightings, Just RFI
Hello all.

I am planning to travel to Albuquerque next weekend to look for all three
species of Rosy-Finches.

Archived emails from this list say that the Sandia Crest House if the best
(only?) place to observe them, perhaps in all of North America.

There have not been many recent emails on this topic, so I have a few
questions:

- Generally, is this still a good spot to try for them?
- Are they still only open on the weekends? (or at all?)
- Are they still filling the feeders? (saw an old random comment online
from 2017 that said maybe they had stopped doing that per regulation?)
- Are the feeders visible from the road/parking area, or do I need to
wait for the official "open hours" to get onto the deck as some old posts
mention?
- Current (or general) road conditions this time of year? (I will have
a small SUV rental)
- Etc.

Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

--Shawn Miller
Madison, WI