Date: 1/22/20 7:15 am
From: randy <randysch...>
Subject: [MDBirding] West Annapolis Robins
For the past few weeks here in my West Annapolis neighborhood, there have
been literally thousands of (mostly) robins, mostly noticeable at dusk and
dawn. I've lived in MD for 30+ years, and I know that all the robins don't
go south for the winter like they did in my Ohio home, but this has been
crazy. Every single tree is just full of them when I walk the dogs in the
evening, and they just explode from the trees in my backyard if I walk
outside.

The whole neighborhood is curious about why they might be here. It's not
all that unusual to see a small flock at some time during the winter, but
there honestly must be thousands now. We've wondered if they're just
migrating late (or returning early), but the numbers are way out of line
with a normal fall/spring migration.

Any ideas? Have any other areas noticed this recently?

Thanks for your time, would love to have something to share with the
neighbors about this.

randy