Date: 1/22/20 4:35 am
From: Ann Hobbs <hobbs_ann...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] eBird support?
Derek & Marcia,
I also submitted a “new support ticket” several weeks ago, to ask about the "ask the ebird community” feature that has disappeared from the help section. This feature was a source of much helpful information (though also occasionally of snarky comments about changes to the website). I have not received a response either. I just assumed no one wanted to bother explaining the situation, or perhaps they are just overwhelmed. I agree with Marcia that the help section seems somewhat meager since the overhaul. Perhaps it is a “work in progress”?
Ann Hobbs
Silver Spring, MD

On Jan 21, 2020, at 9:21 PM, Marcia Watson <marshwren50...><mailto:<marshwren50...>> wrote:

Derek,

I’ve also noticed that the “help” or “support” section seems to have been rebuilt. An entry that earlier had detailed instructions on moving Avisys data to eBird has now been pruned to one short generic and unhelpful paragraph. Overall the remaining set of entries seems awfully meager.

Marcia
------------
Marcia Watson
Patuxent Bird Club
https://patuxentbirdclub.org/

Maryland Ornithological Society
https://mdbirds.org/

Friends of Patuxent
http://www.friendsofpatuxent.org/

Bowie, Maryland
<marshwren50...><mailto:<marshwren50...>

On Jan 21, 2020, at 7:22 PM, Derek C. Richardson <dcr...><mailto:<dcr...>> wrote:

A question for the MD eBirders out there:

Does anyone know the status of eBird help support these days? I've submitted 2 tickets in the past 2 weeks and heard nothing back, not even an acknowledgment. I'm submitting these by clicking on "New Support Ticket" here: https://support.ebird.org/support/home

(I've also noticed that a lot of eBird questions searched-for using google result in links that just go to the support pages and do not provide the actual solution -- this suggests a reorganization was done that dropped or moved older solutions.)

Thanks for any help!

-Derek

--
Derek C. Richardson, Laurel, PG County, MD
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~dcr/personal.html