Date: 1/21/20 9:22 am
From: Bob Holt <bobholt...>
Subject: Re: [NHBirds] Weekend observations
That's similar to our experience in the area, too.

We took a short hike through the fresh powder at the Horatio Colony
Preserve in Keene on Saturday. Incredibly silent. Possibly heard a single
peep from a sparrow just as we got back to the car.

There are sizable groups of starlings, robins, and cedar waxwings in the
wooded area at the northeast corner of Cheney Ave. and Kaufmann Dr. in
Peterborough. That wooded area is full of dead/dying trees, so there are a
number of woodpeckers (at least a pair of red-bellied and several downy and
hairy with the occasional pileated) there in the mornings. Four house
finches (3 female, 1 male) came to our nearby feeder for the first time
yesterday.