Date: 1/20/20 4:53 pm
From: Charlie Nims <charlie.nims...>
Subject: [NHBirds] birding Rte. 16 corridor
This morning, Joe Scott and I birded the Rte. 16 corridor from Berlin to Errol. We did not have much in the way of boreal species but did have several White-winged Crossbills in a couple of locations, a flyover Red Crossbill, several Purple Finches and a Northern Shrike along E. River Rd. in Milan. A shout out to Lori Charron for pointing us toward the Magalloway River trailhead where we did have one of the pairs of White-winged Crossbills we saw.

Along with an adult Bald Eagle, we also had a few Am. Goldeneye, two male Common Merganser and lots of Black-capped Chickadees, Red-breasted Nuthatches, Dark-eyed Junos and Am. Goldfinch among other species.

Charlie Nims
Bartlett, NH