Date: 1/20/20 4:39 pm
From: Stephen Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] More nice birds (2 Pine Warblers, 2 RS Hawks, 2 RC Kinglets, Fox Sparrow, Chipping Sparrow)
More scouting in Rockingham County today for next Saturday's Superbowl.
Several nice birds with their potential point total if we find them next
weekend:

(5 points) RED-HEADED WOODPECKER - Immature continues at Burley Farm in
Epping.  Exact same location where it was found by Greg Tillman back in
early November.

(5 points) CHIPPING SPARROW - 1 at feeder opposite #35 South Road in
East Kingston.  Nice to finally find one this winter, especially after
missing Becky's birds in Hampton yesterday.

(4 points) Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 2 more today!  AMAZING that we have
now found 6 different Ruby-crowned Kinglets in the last 2 weekends.
Today's birds included one off Giles Road in East Kingston near the
intersection with Rt. 108.  The other at the end of Laurel Lane in
Stratham.  This is a rare bird for mid-winter and we've only recorded it
once in the last 15 Superbowls.  Hopefully we can find one of these next
weekend!  :-)

(4 points) Pine Warbler - 2 at the same time near feeder at #57 Hayes
Mobile Home Park in Exeter.  One very drab female and one slightly less
drab female with a yellow wash on the breast.  At one time both seen in
the same tree together.

(4 points) Fox Sparrow - 1 below feeder at #20 Autumn Lane in East Kingston.

(4 points) Red-shouldered Hawk - 2 including one while driving westbound
on Rt. 101 in Exeter.  A 2nd off Depot Street in Newfields.

(3 points) Hermit Thrush - 1 off Rt. 108 in Kensington.  I almost hit it
when it crossed the road!

Steve & Jane Mirick
Bradford, MA