Date: 1/20/20 5:18 am
From: Peter Frechtel via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] eastern phoebe, Riverbend Park
Hi VA-Birders,
Yesterday afternoon at around 4:30, I came across an eastern phoebe at Riverbend Park (Fairfax County). It was up in the trees about a quarter mile down-river from the most down-river end of the most down-river parking lot. Not sure how rare they are in winter around here, but I can't remember the last time I saw one in winter.
The river between Great Falls Park and Riverbend Park was birdy but I didn't see anything unusual. 100+ each of gulls, buffleheads, and ring-necked ducks, maybe a dozen common mergansers, and a pied-billed grebe were the highlights.
Peter FrechtelFalls Church