Date: 1/19/20 4:34 pm
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: [NHBirds] coastbirding 01/19
I spent some time on the coast this afternoon, just looking around to
see what was there. I didn't get much; as usual, all the interesting
birds decided they had pressing business elsewhere. My best sighting
was an even dozen Sanderlings busily feeding among the rocks at the
north end of Jenness Beach. Other sightings included THE Glaucous
Gull at Seabrook beach, and the usual suspects scattered along the
coast: Common Loons, Common Eiders, Surf Scoters, a couple of
cormorants, at least one Common Goldeneye, at least one Red-breasted
Merganser...

I had better luck at Massabesic Audubon Center a few days ago, where
I chalked up a total of at least four and possibly as many as six
Pileated Woodpeckers.

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH