Date: 1/14/20 7:04 pm
From: Zeke Cornell <zekecornell...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Eastman's fishing trip with good alcids
Eight of us joined the fishing boat out of Hampton Harbor, today. The seas
were forecasted to be three feet; it seemed about half that amount or less.
The viewing was fantastic. The wind calmed as the day progressed, and we
had a great birding day for the middle of January. (The fishing was pretty
good, as well, as the crew was cleaning fish and chumming almost all the
way to the harbor.)

Most of the hours and all of the fishing were in MA waters, but we had
great birds in NH waters during the time we motored there. For the day we
had a sweep of the six local alcids--five in NH (no Thick-billed Murre) and
five in MA waters (no Black Guillemot). The highlights are below (totals
for the day and NH only in parentheses):

Dovekies 394 (15 in NH)
Razorbill 44 (11 in NH)
C. Murre 62 (6 in NH)
B. Guillemot 12 (all in NH)
Atl. Puffin 16 (5 in NH)
TB Murre 1 photo research to confirm
Large Alcid 18 (3 in NH)
N. Fulmar 3
Iceland Gull 2
Pom. Jaeger 3 (1 in NH)
Black-legged Kittiwake 97 (1 maybe 2 in NH)

Zeke Cornell
Bow, NH