Date: 1/14/20 6:32 pm
From: maliadances via Groups.Io <maliadances=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Also ... another Glaucous Gull @ Frenchman's Creek 1/14/20
Upon hearing about the Slaty-backed Gull, Chris and I hurried through our monthly "over-the-hill" shopping and raced back to the coast with hopes to see the Slaty-backed Gull reported earlier today by Alvaro Jaramillo. We got there in time!  Before we relocated the Slaty-backed Gull, we found a 1st winter Glaucous Gull. It looked to be a different individual from the one we first found on 12/25/19 and later saw on 1/2/20.

The Slaty-backed Gull was such a treat! Others arrived at the beach and were able to see the Slaty-backed Gull .....Lifers for some! Thanks Alvaro for getting the word out on Pen-bird!
Any day is a good day when we can see a Slay-backed Gull!!!!!

While on the bayside we stopped at Nob Hill Pond and saw the continuing  male Eurasian Wigeon.

Our photos of the Slaty-backed Gull and Glaucous Gull here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S63402421

Malia DeFelice and Chris Hayward