Date: 1/14/20 5:54 pm
From: dan jehl <jehlyfish...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Possible Eurasian Green-winged Teal at J St 01/14/2020
I stopped by J St. today at about 2:20 as the tide was dropping and scoped through the flocks of gulls and waterfowl. In the shallow water next to the reeds was a flock of feeding Green-winged Teal. One of the males was entirely missing the vertical white bar in front of the folded wing but a white scapular bar was visible. The lines of the facial pattern were bolder and brighter than those on the other male GWTE and the body patterning seemed coarser. This suggests either an American x Eurasian Green-winged Teal or a pure Eurasian. I didn’t get any pictures of the head so perhaps someone else will refind this bird and get some.

Dan Jehl
San Diego

View/Reply Online (#10494): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/10494
-=-=-
---
Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month at [new location to be determined ~December 2019]. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year.
---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!