Date: 1/14/20 5:53 pm
From: Mikeal Jones <mikealjones...>
Subject: [Umpqua Birds] Re: Mountain Chickadee today near OC Brown County Park and Road
Matt, the feeder is at the only house on the north side of Buckhorn Road, between OC Brown Park and OC Brown Road just east of the park. The feeder’s low to the ground between the house and Buckhorn Road, under the front yard trees. Besides the Mountain and Black-capped Chickadees at the feeder, a White-breasted Nuthatch was there too.

I didn’t talk to the people in the house, just looked into the yard, standing on Buckhorn Road from their entrance drive. I saw a pickup, but don’t know if anyone was home. I’ve done that many other times, sometimes a dog is out so be careful. Mikeal

PS I saw a couple of Western Meadowlarks perched high in trees west of the park today, and heard a Red-breasted Nuthatch at the first house on the west (right) side of OC Brown Road. Also an immature Bald Eagle over OC Brown Road.

Mikeal Jones
826 SE Brockway Ave
Roseburg OR 97470

(541) 673-1859
<mikealjones...>

Sent from our iPad 2

> On Jan 14, 2020, at 3:48 PM, Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter...> wrote:
>

> Nice! Where is that feeder, Mikeal? At the house next to the park?
>
> Matt
>
>> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020, 13:59 Mikeal Jones <mikealjones...> wrote:
>> Mountain Chickadee January 14 today on Buckhorn Road, near OC Brown County Park and Road. The last Mountain Chickadee I’ve seen in the Umpqua Valley was at Plat I on the 2018 Christmas Bird Count. Mikeal Jones
>>
>> eBird details: “ Mountain Chickadee at bird feeder near OC Brown County Park and OC Brown Road. Good look at white eyebrow or supercilium, contrasted with Black-capped Chickadees side-by-side at feeder.“

Join us on Facebook!