Date: 1/14/20 3:48 pm
From: Dan Harris <dh1236...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Eurasian Wigeons at Pier 94
Yesterday, Monday late morning, I saw a Eurasian Wigeon male-female pair
swimming together at Pier 94.

I noticed the male Eurasian’s red-brown head right away in the sunlight
when I scanned the American Wigeon flocks with my bins, and I quickly
started taking photos. I was happy to see the male Eurasian and didn’t
realize there was also a female until I looked at my photos later after
dinner. I’ve only seen a male in previous years.

Apparently two Eurasian Wigeons this time of year at that location is
unusual as flags went up when I changed my entry on eBird from one to two.

They were quite some distance away, but the photo is good enough for an ID.

—Dan Harris

San Francisco

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>