Date: 1/14/20 2:04 pm
From: Jay Anderson <jayanderson...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Backyard Birds
Hello birders,
Today we had a large and energetic group for Backyard Birds at McClellan Ranch. Ranger Laura Coatney joined us which was very helpful! Between birding at the feeders and a short walk, I gave brief talks on use of binoculars and Merlin Bird ID.

My hands were frozen after two hours holding binoculars, but we had a good outing. I have 24 birds on the list. The highlights were lots of woodpeckers. We had FEMALE HAIRY, MALE & FEMALE DOWNY, MALE and FEMALE NUTTALL’s, and several ACORN.

Several people visited the office/store afterwards and I think we have a some new members as a result.

Here’s the list if you’re interested.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S63398521 <https://ebird.org/checklist/S63398521>

-Jay
650-793-2273