Date: 1/14/20 1:52 pm
From: Ginger Langdon-Lassagne via Groups.Io <binzer=<me.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Twin Creeks: no blackbird/cowbird flock
Hi all,

Barry and I spent a very enjoyable 3 hours, hiking a large loop around the Twin Creeks Sports Complex and Sunnyvale Baylands, 10am to 1pm. We failed to find any sign of a flock of Blackbirds/Cowbirds which might contain the Yellow-headed blackbird originally found by Brooke Miller.

However, Salt pond A4 had a marvelous abundance and variety of hundreds of diving ducks and grebes, including at least one RED-BREASTED MERGANSER and 2 CLARKE’S GREBES. Another pleasant sighting was a SPOTTED SANDPIPER, bob-bob-bobbing his way down the low-tide, muddy channel between the sports complex and A4, a first for this location for us. A couple of heard-only SORA were also worth mention.

Good birding!
Ginger Langdon-Lassagne

View/Reply Online (#21001): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/21001
-=-=-