Date: 1/14/20 1:11 pm
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Beware of ticks
The recent warm spell has brought ticks out again. I brushed two deer (black-legged) ticks off my light-colored pants this afternoon at Simsbury Meadows. Fortunately, I decided to switch today from my usual winter blue jeans. A good practice (recommended by the Centers for Disease Control) is to toss your outer garments into the dryer and spin them at high heat for 10 minutes after returning from a visit to tick habitat.

John Weeks
North Granby, CT 06060