Date: 1/14/20 1:13 pm
From: Bill Tice <ticebill7...>
Subject: [obol] Partly Leucitic Hawk
Hi All,
I went around south Polk County looking for Kittiwakes this morning, but no
luck. I did chance upon the partly leucitic red-tailed hawk in
Maplegrove. This is now the 4th year in which he has returned to the same
location, and I just happened to find him fairly close to the road this
time, and he allowed a few pics before retreating farther back. Here is
the ebird report with a few pics. Also, if you want to look for him, he is
always on the North side of the river, and east side of the road. I
suspect he will be more visible now that they are pairing off and mating
will soon take place.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S63396695

--
Bill Tice

:
Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and, for avoiding chores

Join us on Facebook!