Date: 1/14/20 1:04 pm
From: Paul Dickson <Paul...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Fascinating Salvia spellings for the birds
Labird: As charter member of LABIRD, experience has shown me that if we just keep the discussion going we eventually draw out the educators and get educated!
So the answer is that this was a mistake from the 1850's still being made, discussed and corrected in 2020. How cool.
One of the varietal names is easier: 'Tequila'.
Glad you asked Iron Nan!
(Regardless of spelling 'Tequila' doesn't survive the winter for me in Caddo Parish. I've tried it several times.)
Paul Dickson