Date: 1/14/20 12:59 pm
Subject: Where have all the birds gone?
This is just an opinion from my view point. Today I birded Rachel Carson
Preserve across from Beaufort, NC. Normally one would see hundreds if not
a thousand of shore birds here. Today I saw zero and only one gull. There
were no bird footprints on the sand, but there has been some rain showers
here. Also, when I go to my main go to place Fort Macon state park I am
not seeing many gulls. Normally they are lined up on the beach resting
first thing in the morning. A lot of birds are being reported now, but
everyone is trying to get there year list going. Is it me or is something
going on? Rachel Carson is one of our best birding spots. A little hard to
get to and may require a lot of walking. I walked over four miles in sand
and marsh to only see a few wading birds.

Join us on Facebook!