Date: 1/14/20 12:27 pm
From: Bill Hilton Jr. <hilton...>
Subject: Hilton Pond (12/31/19 (2019 Bird Banding Summary: A New Species)
Whew! It took a while, but I've finally checked and cross-checked my 2019 bird banding data from Hilton Pond AND written it up in digestible format as the 709th "This Week at Hilton Pond” photo essay for 31 Dec 2019. The installment includes lots of anecdotes, charts, tables, maps, and images depicting birds we banded in the just-finished year, along with hypotheses and speculations about the results. Whether you like woodpeckers or warblers or hummingbirds or hawks, you'll likely find something about your bird of interest.

The write-up is best viewed on a tablet or desktop computer--cell phones are cool but more useful for some things than others!--so I hope you'll have time to consume this special end-of-year installment in leisurely fashion from your desk or easy chair.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this banding year possible, especially our Top Tier donors who are acknowledged in the photo essay at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek191231.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=18gLNxTEQRO2Hs05Hjz-kV_TrPRTjCisVaik0pJLbl0&s=ijq4OaWFzppseTiuPBIZpNOiEcCJoayAYbrWJgCprAY&e=

Happy (Mid-Winter) Nature Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_HiltonPond&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=18gLNxTEQRO2Hs05Hjz-kV_TrPRTjCisVaik0pJLbl0&s=-NC9bX8UFdjj7K7KFzdinHB44KYWlUzy2XLgsrUU6ZI&e= for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_rubythroats&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=18gLNxTEQRO2Hs05Hjz-kV_TrPRTjCisVaik0pJLbl0&s=OhnAFLBp_3_al27oCHZUOA5mrR2mQB1DxdlIvndSPT4&e=

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond

========

DR. BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to watch the sunset." BHjr.

Join us on Facebook!