Date: 1/14/20 12:03 pm
From: 'George Hammond' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Mallard behavior
I’ve seen nervous mallards diving like this when a red-tailed hawk was nearby. I don’t know if the hawk (very possibly a juvenile) had actually tried to catch a duck before I arrived, or had just flown over and scared them.

George

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<6902AFB1-1E56-4D39-821F-7C301A66795A...>

Join us on Facebook!