Date: 1/14/20 11:00 am
From: Charlie Nims <charlie.nims...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Dovekies
Yesterday, the timing finally worked out for me to take one of the Eastman fishing boats out to the Jeffrey’s Ledge area. It worked out well other than the high swells experienced on the way out; coming back was fine and at least the temperature was good for this time of year. The Dovkie show continues, on the way out, my estimate was 250-300 ranging from singles to a groups up to ~20. Some other species of interest to me were: Black-legged Kittiwakes, Iceland Gull, Northern Fulmar, Pomarine Jaeger, Common Murre and Razorbill.

A full report with photos has been posted to eBird.

For those interested in the fishing, there were large numbers of Haddock and Pollack caught.

Charlie Nims
Bartlett, NH