Date: 1/14/20 5:53 am
From: JackDaynes <jackdaynes...>
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Memories of Snake River Birds of Prey NCA
Rich,

Thank you for your perspective. I suspected some of what you have pointed
out. In researching the background, I came across a note about the
falcon population being half of its former size. And I found references of
"multi-use" that raised some concerns in the back of my mind. My 'backyard'
in southern California has suffered similar abuses, but given the density
of human population here, on a larger, more damaging scale.

Perhaps I had a romantic notion about Idaho being pristine, but with all
those "1A" license plates, I guess it should be expected that some of the
beauty nearby would be compromised.

Be well,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 5:42 AM Richard and Ann Rusnak <rarusnak62...>
wrote:

> Jack, Thanks for the prose, on this amazing region of avian diversity. I
> remember it before fire, weeds, and ATV trails scoured the lush native
> shrub steppe, at which time there were many more raptors, rodents,
> passerines etc. "It" is now a pale version of its former self, (not to
> anthropomorphize) and a lesser and somewhat sad experience when I tromp
> through the landscape on birding and photography hikes.
> Thanks for the prose and outreach.
> Rich, Nampa
>

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:06 AM JackDaynes <jackdaynes...> wrote:
>
>> My latest addition to the "Birding Destinations" series is about a
>> location in Idaho, a state I hope to spend more time visiting in the future.
>>
>> https://shadetreeimaging.com/memories-of-snake-river-birds-of-prey-nca/
>>
>> I hope you enjoy it,
>> --
>> --
>> -- Jack --
>> ==================================
>> <https://shadeTreeImaging.com/ <https://shadetreeimaging.com/>>
>> Wildlife Photography with
>> Emphasis on Birds
>> I do not chase birds as much as I chase places.
>> I can enjoy the birds I meet, if I enjoy the place I meet them.
>> Find me at the intersection of Anywhere and Everywhere
>>
>> https://shadetreeimaging.com/category/bird-destinations/san-diego-locations/

-- Jack --