Date: 1/13/20 9:28 pm
From: Chuq Von Rospach via Groups.Io <chuqui=<mac.com...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Los Gatos Creek Park/Oka Ponds 1/13
I get to correct myself one final (I hope) time – I said “female bufflehead” even as I looked at the email from Alvaro suggesting young/immature MALE bufflehead, the straight vs more splotchy white line being an indicator it’s a younger male.

As I said to someone else today, this is the sort of thing that makes me love birding, the crazy, complicated and subtle nuances that make what seem simple IDs a challenge. Because if it was easy, we’d get bored and go do something else instead…. (grin).

I certainly understand Buffleheads more this evening than I did this morning, hopefully by sharing and (eventually) getting it right you do, too.

Chuq

---------------------------------------

Chuq Von Rospach http://www.chuqui.com
Email: <chuqui...>
Twitter: @chuq
Silicon Valley, California

(formerly <chuqvr...> Same me, less google)

From: "<southbaybirds...> <southbaybirds...>" <southbaybirds...> on behalf of "Chuq Von Rospach via Groups.Io" <chuqui=<mac.com...>
Date: Monday, January 13, 2020 at 8:13 PM
To: "<southbaybirds...> <southbaybirds...>" <southbaybirds...>
Cc: "<southbaybirds...> <southbaybirds...>" <southbaybirds...>

Alvaro and a couple of others suggested this was good for female bufflehead.

View/Reply Online (#20996): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20996
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>