Date: 1/13/20 2:11 pm
From: Ken Copenhaver <copenhvr...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Missisquoi NWR Bird Monitoring Walk
Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday, January 18, 2020, on
the Old Railroad Passage Trail. Meet at 8:00 AM at the parking lot on
Tabor Road about a mile past the refuge Visitor Center and across the road
from Stephen Young Marsh. If you have any questions, email me at
<copenhvr...>

The monthly walks gather long-term data on the presence of birds, their
abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather is entered
into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the Cornell Lab of
Ornithology. These walks are appropriate for all levels of birders and
provide a wonderful opportunity to learn about birds throughout the
seasons. Led by Ken Copenhaver and Julie Filiberti, Friends of Missisquoi
National Wildlife Refuge board members.

After 117 months of walks we have observed 158 species. Hope to see you
there!

NOTE: I don't expect the snow to be deep enough to require snowshoes, but
considering the recent weather, trails could be icy, so plan accordingly.

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit: http://friendsofmissisquoi.
org/

Join us on Facebook!