Date: 1/13/20 1:52 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Slate-colored Junco, White-throated Sparrow, Calero Creek trail
I've been back to the Calero Creek trail off Harry Road twice since I
found a female SLATE COLORED JUNCO on Jan. 4. I saw it well enough to id
but wanted a photo. It was overall gray with a white belly and small
patch of pinkish/brown on the flanks. I've found this junco subspecies
here in past years. As a consolation, a tan striped WHITE THROATED
SPARROW was seen not far from Harry Road. It was feeding with a few
GOLDEN CROWNED SPARROWS but no sign of the junco flock.

A RED TAILED HAWK pair was circling over the orchard, one carrying nest
material. An ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRD was constructing her nest with the base
finished and a HUTTON'S VIREO was singing, the first I've heard this year.

Janna Pauser
San Jose

View/Reply Online (#20993): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20993
-=-=-