Date: 1/13/20 1:25 pm
From: Ken Copenhaver <copenhvr...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Using eBird
Michael, In response to your second question, I've come up with a
semi-consistent naming convention that works for me. If I'm birding at a
hotspot, I choose the hotspot location, of course. When I create a
personal location, I name it with the town and state followed by the
address or some other description. For example, Fairfax VT-Back Yard or St
Albans VT-Taylor Park. In retrospect, it might have made more sense to
have the state first (VT Fairfax-Back Yard). Or if you plan to do a lot of
international birding, maybe US VT Fairfax-Back Yard would be even better.
As mentioned previously, this is for your personal use and makes no
difference to eBird.

--Ken Copenhaver, Fairfax

Join us on Facebook!