Date: 1/13/20 12:58 pm
From: alison wagner <alikatofvt...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Brown Creeper
More about Brown Creepers...

Several years ago I found a pair building a nest under the loose bark of a dead sapling. The birds would enter the nest site from one place and then pop out and fly off from another spot. I notified a friend, Mark Paul, who was documenting N.A. birds and making DVD's. He came the next day and got some footage of the creepers bringing nesting material. Then her returned about a week later to film again. Regardless of letting his camera record for an extended period of time, he did not see any activity. When he told me this, I decided to check it out myself. I did not see any creepers either and a few days later, the loose bark fell from the tree. I believe those birds determined the bark was not stable enough and so they abandoned the site. Birds never cease to amaze me!

Ali
Huntington