Date: 1/12/20 5:10 pm
From: Jack Swatt via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Winter Raptor Survey
Like myself, I'm sure many CT birders participated in the Midwinter Bald Eagle Survey on Saturday.  I just read about another citizen-science project that surveys for all wintering raptors that may be of interest to other CT birders.  It involves driving a 20-60 mile route that you can construct yourself.  Stopping at locations with favorable habitat to scan for hawks can also be included.  And since we all know how dangerous birding while driving can be, teams of 2-4 surveyors are required.  It is run by the Hawk Migration Association of North America (HMANA), the same folks who tabulate all the Hawkwatch data.  More info can be found at their website:
https://www.hmana.org/winter-raptor-survey/

Jack Swatt
Wolcott