Date: 1/11/20 5:15 pm
From: Charlie La Rosa <charlie.larosa...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] FYI: Lagoon Road HEADS UP!
Might be worth it to offer to meet the new owners on the road and show them
what the birders are watching. Then invite them to join VTBird, so they
will know when something really interesting pops up there. Before you know
it, they'll be signed up for the 2020 CBC!

Charlie La Rosa
So. Washington

*“The solution to any problem---work, love, money, whatever---is to go
fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be.”*

~ John Gierach, from *Standing in a River Waving a Stick*

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 4:12 PM Eve Ticknor <edticknor...> wrote:

> Should we all be carrying the name and phone # of the manager in case of
> being stopped?
>

> Eve Ticknor
> <edticknor...>
>
> Box 2206
> Prescott, On
> K0E 1T0
>
> 24 Birch Ave
> Willsboro, NY
> 12996
>
> "Be thou happy, be thou blest, from thy birth until thy rest.”
> (Quaker blessing)
>
> > On Jan 11, 2020, at 3:38 PM, alison wagner <alikatofvt...> wrote:
> >
> > Good afternoon, Today when leaving Lagoon Road in Hinesburg (after
> seeing a Kestrel and Rough-legged Hawk), I was stopped by the police. It
> seems the neighbors called the police when they saw a car drive down Lagoon
> Road. It was the folks that recently bought the property surrounding the
> treatment plant. I assured the officer that it is a popular birding spot,
> especially in the spring and I was just looking for ducks in open water. I
> mentioned birders have been given permission to bird there, and have been
> doing so for many years. Of course when I looked for the business card
> given to me by the manager of the facility, I could not find it, but I
> remembered his name and after it was checked (as well as my license) I was
> free to leave. Hopefully it will not be an issue for anyone else and we
> will be able to continue to enjoy birds there.
> >
> > Ali
> > Huntington

Join us on Facebook!