Date: 1/11/20 3:27 pm
From: Mundi Smithers <amen1farm...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Brown Creeper
Years ago when I lived in one of the western MA hilltowns I often had Brown Creepers in/on the two Sugar Maples just outside my barn. I would hear and then see them as I went about my morning chores. It isn’t as likely for me to hear and see them where I now live as the wood edges are quite a distance from the yard. I recently read that they are particularly fond of trees that have loose bark. I immediately thought about the Shagbark Hickory and wonder if anyone has noted them on a particular variety of tree?

Mundi
North Pownal

Sent from my iPad

The greatest tragedy in mankind’s entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
Arthur C Clarke 1917 - 2008

Join us on Facebook!