Date: 1/10/20 5:12 pm
From: Brandon <flammowl17...>
Subject: [cobirds] Pueblo County birds this year so far
It has been a pretty birdy first 10 days of 2020 in Pueblo County, I'm up
to 128 bird species in the county this year so far. I haven't been out
every day, and it has been windy more often than not. When it is windy, it
is very difficult to find the birds on the water at Pueblo Reservoir.

A lot of highlights from Lake Pueblo State Park: Red-throated Loon, 2
Pacific Loons, 1 Common Loon, at least 1 Red-necked Grebe (all the other
grebes have been seen as well), 1 Long-tailed Duck, 1 male Barrow's
Goldeneye, a few Greater Scaup, Double-crested Cormorant, eight species of
gulls, Mew, Great Black-backed, Lesser Black-backed, Iceland (Thayer's),
Bonaparte's, and California (with the many Ring-billed and Herring Gulls),
and a Dunlin for a few days, were all mostly seen on Pueblo Reservoir.
Black and Say's Phoebes, Winter Wren, Gray Catbird, Swamp Sparrow (seen by
others), all below the dam in the Valco/Rock Canyon areas. A unexpected
bird was heard singing one time, below the dam last Sunday morning, the
bird has been looked for by many and still not seen. If it is seen, I'll
let the word out right away.

Other birds, along the river, east from Valco Bridge to nearly Dutch Clark
Stadium, the Western Tanager, Common Yellowthroat, Harris's Sparrow, 2
White-throated Sparrow, Brown Thrasher, a few Gray Catbirds, a few Hermit
Thrush (that keep avoiding me), Eastern Bluebirds, Rock Wren, many
Yellow-rumped Warblers, Swamp Sparrow.

On January 1st, in the foothills and mountains in Pueblo County, there were
a couple of Sage Thrashers, also Red Crossbills, Evening Grosbeaks,
Cassin's Finches, a male Williamson's Sapsucker, Canyon Wren, Juniper
Titmouse, among other birds.

Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO