Date: 1/10/20 3:09 pm
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Swamp Sparrow & Ridgway's Rail, Palo Alto Baylands
All,
At 9:55 this morning (1/10) in Palo Alto Baylands I had great views if a SWAMP SPARROW perched in the sunlight atop reeds North of the Palo Alto Airport about 130 feet East of the large bush (toward the Lucy Evans Interpretive Center) and about 100 feet into the marsh North of the trail (it flew before I could get a photograph and it was not re-found over the next hour and a half). Earlier VIRGINIA RAILS and SORA were heard calling from the marsh North of the trail. I then took the Interpretive Center boardwalk out to "Clapper Creek" when a RIDGWAY'S RAIL loudly called from a shaking bush on the Southern side of the "creek" immediately below the Eastern edge of the boardwalk. Despite my great luck birding was very slow in Palo Alto Baylands for a King Tide event.
Take care,
Bob Reiling

View/Reply Online (#20973): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20973
-=-=-