Date: 1/10/20 1:13 pm
From: Duane Nelson <dnelson1...>
Subject: [cobirds] Gulls at John Martin Reservoir, Bent County, CO
Birders,

I photographed this adult Great Blacked Gull towering above adjacent
cohorts (Herring Gulls) on January 10th, 2020. It was on an ice shelf
northeast of Clayton Point, about five miles west of the dam on the
north side of the reservoir. I did not give it a name.

Between the north side boat ramps, I photographed a first cycle Glaucous
Gull standing on a small ice shelf. From the dam, I photographed both an
adult Lesser Black-backed Gull and a first cycle Iceland (Thayer's) Gull
harassing Common Mergansers and Common Goldeneyes in small, temporary
holes in the ice as the ducks tried to feed.

Respectfully,

Duane Nelson

Las Animas, Bent County, CO