Date: 1/10/20 8:51 am
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Northern Pintails still here in Orange
1/10 Orange
Did my short loop around my local birding areas. At Old Tavern Rd
baseball fields, the Great blue heron was in its same location on right
side of pond. Red Tailed hawk in tree near maintenance building.
Went to Racebrook Business park pond again (you can put in 280 Racebrook Rd
into GPS). It is on Racebrook Rd, off Boston Post Rd, near Chase Bank.
There were 2 pairs of Northern Pintails in with the mallards, plus 2 Red
Shouldered hawks in trees, pointed out by Andy and Tara Stack. Nice to put
names and faces together from fellow birders.
At Indian Lake-mallards, a couple of Canada Geese, 1 Kingfisher , Great
black backed gull in with the other gulls.
Stopped at Clark Pond Fishway off Roses Mill Rd.- 1 Great Blue Heron and
Red shouldered hawk in tree with several Blue jays squawking and 7 Common
Grackles in the trees.
Bev Propen, Orange