Date: 1/10/20 7:31 am
From: Frank Rohrbacher <0000007c6769d2e2-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [de-birds] DOS Headstart Field Up-date
Hi all
 On Saturday, January 11, I will be leading the DOS Headstart Field Trip.  I plan to start at the Park&Ride at Rte 299&Rte 1 in Middletown, opposite Wawa at 7:30 AM.  After meeting up with the group, I plan to drive to Draper Road/Cods/Thirteen Curves Roads in search of the with 60,000 Snow Geese which should mean we should arrive there between 8:30-8:45 AM to meet with the Sussex birders.  If the flock is showing itself well, we will search for the Pink-footed Goose, Cackling Goose and Ross's Geese contained within.  If, as often happens in the morning, the geese are off of Thirteen Curves Road or very far from the edge of the road, we will make a quick search, and move on to Cape Henlopen SP, Silver Lake and Indian River Inlet and return later in the day when the geese are more likely to be found close to the road

Ultimately, l would like to return to Port Mahon Road by about 3:30 PM to search for the the Rough-legged Hawk and Short-eared Owls.at Port Mahon Road.
Thanks.
Frank RohrbacherWilmington, Delaware

List help: <DE-BIRDS-request...>

Join us on Facebook!