Date: 1/9/20 2:44 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] 1/9 Peregrine Falcons Sheraton in Boston; Also Brown Thrasher in,South Boston
Thanks to Paul Peterson for this report.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 22:15:46 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>
Subject: 1/9 Peregrine Falcons Sheraton in Boston; Also Brown Thrasher in
South Boston

This afternoon, there were two Peregrine Falcons perched near the top of
the building on the side facing Huntington Ave. This is near the
Prudential building, and the hideous, all-glass, new towering condo
building that casts shadows on the falcons' perching area. Also, the
Brown Thrasher continues. I hope this beautiful bird survives the
winter. Of course, I viewed the bird from the sidewalks of both streets
in the area (I did not trespass) The bird was very easy to find. At L
Street Beach, there were thirty-five Greater Scaup at low tide, close to
shore, as well as a Red-throated Loon.

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>
Boston