Date: 1/9/20 12:03 pm
From: Shelly Plante <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender Shelly.Plante for DMARC)
Subject: [texbirds] 2020 Birding Classic registration now open!
Make plans now to be one of the more than 100 teams participating all over the state and enjoy one of the best experiences in Texas: spring bird migration. Gather your friends, family, fellow bird or nature club members, and colleagues to join your team for the 24th Annual Birding Classic!

Tournament Dates: April 15 through May 15, 2020 (your choice of day)
Register and find more Information online: www.birdingclassic.org<http://www.birdingclassic.org>
Registration deadline: April 1, 2020

Novice birders, expert listers, and everyone in between are welcome! There are many categories to choose from based on your birding ability and region of the state. From half day or full day to full week tournaments, there's something for everyone.

Find all tournament details online now:
- Which category is right for you? https://tpwd.texas.gov/events/great-texas-birding-classic/tournament-categories-1
- How do you register your team? https://tpwd.texas.gov/events/great-texas-birding-classic/rules-and-registration
- Advice and tips from previous winning teams: https://tpwd.texas.gov/events/great-texas-birding-classic/tournament-advice
- Tournament rules: https://tpwd.texas.gov/events/great-texas-birding-classic/rules-and-registration/rules-and-regulations
- Entry fees: https://tpwd.texas.gov/events/great-texas-birding-classic/rules-and-registration/registration-fees

All event participants receive t-shirts with the official 2020 artwork of American Avocets, by Craig Farquhar.

Registration fees and sponsorship dollars go toward Conservation Grants (https://tpwd.texas.gov/events/great-texas-birding-classic/prizes) for birding, nature tourism, and habitat restoration and enhancement projects throughout Texas. Select winning teams will help choose which projects are funded. The more teams that register, the more funds we can award!

If you have any questions about the event, feel free to reach out to me directly!

Thanks,
Shelly
Shelly Plante
Nature Tourism Manager
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department-HQ
4200 Smith School Road, Austin, TX 78744
Office: 512-389-4500
Cell: 512-241-9163

Join us on Facebook!