Date: 1/9/20 11:27 am
From: Eric Stiles <eric.stiles...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Fwd: [nysbirds-l] The New York Times: Golf Club for the 1 Percent Wants to Seize a Migratory Bird Habitat -
As a follow-up, NJ Audubon has worked hard to support NY/NJ Baykeeper and Friends of Liberty State Park to defeat a proposed race track and new marina at Liberty in the past few years. We are continuing to work with them to oppose this latest privatization plan to take over 20 acres of this amazing park for addition to the adjacent golf course.

There is proposed legislation that would close this door once and for all being fought primarily by gold course owner. It is important to know that NJDEP denied an application for the course to take the land and the owner is trying to achieve this through bad amendments to the legislation. If folks are interested in getting more involved, feel free to shoot me an email offline.

Best,
Eric Stiles, President & CEO
New Jersey Audubon Society