Date: 1/9/20 8:56 am
From: steveak <stephen.l.mchenry...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Sunnyvale Crows
In case anybody needs to add an American Crow to their life list, head to downtown Sunnyvale in the evening.

Seriously, though, I've never seen anything like this. For the last couple of months, crows have taken over the area of Hendy/Murphy, near the Caltrain station. When I go home in the evening, just as it's getting dark, the sky is filled with many hundreds, more likely thousands, of crows. The cacophony of calls is something to hear, as the masses of birds gather in numerous huge flocks, flying from trees to buildings and just generally circling the area. I'm assuming that they are gathering for nightly roosting on tall trees and buildings in the area.

If you are in the area around 5 p.m. or so, it's quite an amazing sight to watch, and something interesting while I await my train to go home.

Steve McHenry

View/Reply Online (#20967): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/20967
-=-=-
-=-=-