Date: 1/8/20 8:04 pm
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Baltimore Oriole, Milford
1/8. Milford, Mondo Ponds. During a brief walk late afternoon at Mondo Ponds, I discovered an immature female BALTIMORE ORIOLE. It was feeding at the bird feeder on private property at the adjacent condominium. It could be readily seen from the small dirt parking lot along Naugatuck Avenue, which is just west of the condo drive "Audubon Close". No need to trespass; please respect private property.
Afterward around sunset, at nearby Beaver Brook Preserve (West Avenue, just east of the I-95 overpass), there was a huge mixed flock of Common Grackles and European Starlings that were gathering prior to their evening roost. There were an estimated 350 Grackles and 2100 Starlings.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford