Date: 1/8/20 3:25 pm
From: Matthew Dodder <mdodder...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Palm Warbler
I made a quick trip to Byxbee Park before work this morning. It was foggy and still a but dark when I arrived. But the distinctive chip note of the PALM WARBLER was the first thing I heard when I strolled down the gravel road near the water treatment facility. The Yellow-rumped Warblers were numerous and vocal, but their call is flatter, and lower pitched than that of the Palm Warbler. Hearing that difference was the only thing I needed to find the bird in the lower branches of a small tree beside the trail. It spent its time calling repeatedly, bobbing its tail and dashing about looking for insects.

Matthew Dodder

Matthew Dodder
Executive Director
Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society